All-On-4 – Fort Worth, TX
Helping Patients Achieve the Smile they Deserve
Learning you are ineligible for traditional dental implants can be devastating but thankfully, if you have missing teeth and no longer want to go through life hiding your smile, there’s another solution. With All-On-4 in Fort Worth, you can have the same high-quality treatment only faster! Even if your jawbone is too weak to sustain regular implants, Dr. David Tillman can strategically place four implants in stronger areas of your bone, ensuring a stable and solid foundation for your denture. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Tillman to learn more about All-On-4!
How Do All-On-4 Implants Work?
All-On-4 uses four dental implants in Fort Worth to help you achieve a full, complete smile. Once you are given the green light for surgery, Dr. Tillman will surgically place four implants in various areas of your jawbone. Typically, two posts are positioned in the front of your mouth at an angle while two are placed toward the back. This ensures greater balance and support for your custom restoration.
By placing the implants in higher density areas of your jawbone, it prevents you from needing a bone graft or sinus lift, two procedures that are often required when individuals seek treatment with traditional dental implants.
Once the implants are in place, a temporary denture is secured, allowing you to start enjoying your new smile while you heal. Once your finalized denture is ready, we will remove the temporary and snap the permanent one into place.
Am I a Candidate for All-On-4 Implants?
If you’ve been told your jawbone is too weak to receive regular dental implants, you will most likely be a candidate for All-On-4; however, if your dentist in Fort Worth finds any of the following, he may suggest an alternative solution:
- Gum disease: If poor oral hygiene is evident and gum disease is present, it will be necessary to address and treat this problem before having any type of tooth replacement surgery.
- Smoking or tobacco use: If you smoke, it will be necessary for you to quit before and after your surgery. The reason is that your immune system is weakened when you smoke, making it harder to heal. Since osseointegration is an important part of successful implant placement, you must make it a point to stop smoking before and after your procedure.
- Health conditions: If your overall health is in poor condition (i.e. autoimmune disorder, diabetes), All-On-4 may not be right for you, as your body will have a difficult time fusing the implants to the bone and fighting off any type of infection should one occur.
What Are the Benefits of All-On-4 Implants?
- Improved appearance
- Boost in confidence
- Greater oral health because of continued bone stimulation
- Quicker process
- No need for bone graft or sinus lift procedures
All-On-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
No matter what type of implants you receive, you will be enjoying a more stable, functional, and longer-lasting smile. However, when deciding to move forward with All-On-4, you will:
- Enjoy the appearance of a full smile the same day you receive your implants. Although only a temporary denture, you will be able to heal without feeling self-conscious about your smile.
- Have a procedure that is more affordable because it requires fewer implants than traditional dental implants.
- Be able to forgo any pre-implant dental work that addresses jawbone density. Traditional implants require a bone graft or sinus lift if the jawbone is weakened.