Fort Worth has some of the best barbecue in the United States. Sadly, since you’re missing some of your teeth, you can’t enjoy this Texas staple like you used to – it’s been a few years since you’ve had brisket with a side of grilled corn on the cob. You want to restore your smile and get back to enjoying all of the foods you love, but you’re not sure how dental implants in Fort Worth, TX work, or who you should see for these. Luckily for you, Dr. David Tillman has the expertise you need in replacement teeth and can give you all the info you need.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are the gold standard for prosthetic teeth. They consist of three individual parts that form your new tooth:
- Implant – The implant itself is a titanium post that is surgically placed in your jaw to provide a secure foundation. You’ll need about 3-6 months for the artificial tooth root to fuse to your jaw during a process called osseointegration. Then, the other pieces of the implant can be added.
- Abutment – This part connects the implant to the dental crown. Once your jaw is strong enough, it will be fastened to the post, and then the tooth-shaped “cap” is affixed to it.
- Dental Crown – The long-lasting, natural looking dental crown is made of biocompatible porcelain and is attached right after the abutment. At this point, you can start showing off your improved smile.
Why Are Dental Implants Superior To Dentures & Bridges?
There are many reasons why implants are the preferred method of replacing teeth, including:
- Improved Nutrition – Since your implant will stay in place, you’ll be able to masticate a variety of foods and maintain a well-balanced diet. Apples, carrots, and even chewy treats like beef jerky can be a part of your menu again.
- Better Speech – You’ll never have to worry about being misunderstood when you talk with dental implants. They don’t move around in your mouth like dentures, so you’ll be able to speak clearly.
- Your Smile Will Stay In Place – Who wants to put their teeth in a cup a night? You won’t have to worry about the embarrassment of dentures in your daily life, even when you kiss your sweetheart. And, you can say goodbye to messy dental adhesives.
- Increased Jawbone Strength – Dental implants actually augment the density of the jawbone, rather than causing it to wear away like dentures and bridges do.
- Longevity – Dental implants last longer than traditional dentures and dental bridges.
- Appearance – Implants will blend right in with your existing dentitions – the only person who’ll notice you have a false tooth is you.
- Cost – Although other options for artificial teeth may be less expensive initially, dental implants actually save you money over the course of a lifetime, since you’ll rarely need to replace them.
Restore your smile and get back to enjoying all the foods you love by scheduling your appointment with Dr. David Tillman today!